Conformation Classes March 24th– May 17th
DROP IN CONFORMATION CLASSES
- Class from 7 – 7:45
- $5 per night unless you are on the Active or Lifetime Membership list.
- Junior handlers under 18 are free. Class trainers are AKC Judges or Experienced show handlers with many years of experience.
We welcome Beginners and any well behaved dog for learning. However, to actually compete your dog must be:
- Six months or older on the day of the show.
- A recognized breed by the AKC.
- Registered with the AKC.
- NOT spayed or neutered.
- Have no disqualifying faults, as stated by their breed’s parent organization.
- In sound health and up-to-date on vaccinations.
- Conformation Terminology
- Ring Etiquette and Presentation
- How to correctly stack and gait your dog
- How to enter a show
- What is a breed standard and their importance to a show dog
- Movement patterns
- Ring appearance (for you) and grooming (for the dog)
- Good sportsmanship