Schedule is subject to change depending on COVID situation. Please make sure I have a valid email if you attend class for any last minute notices.
- 10 dog teams maximum in the ring at one time. A team is one human and one dog. We used Google Sheets over the summer and it worked well, I will see if we can get that set up again.
- Non – active members will be allowed at a cost of $5 per team. Payment must be the exact amount of cash and placed an envelope with your name on it.
- Each person must sign a COVID-19 waiver before signing up in Google Sheets. You must initial after each line, sign at the bottom, and deliver to Louise Torkelson BEFORE signing up. WDC COVID-19 Waiver
- Each session will begin promptly on time. No one will be allowed into the building until approx 5 minutes before class.
- Upon arrival at the building you must wash your hands and/or apply hand sanitizer, then immediately proceed onto the mats, do not mill around by door, practice social distancing.
- Masks must worn over nose and mouth at all times. If your mask does not fit properly you need to fix it or leave. Masks are available for sale at $5 each.
- No eating and drinking during class.
- Anyone with a cough will be asked to leave.
- No guests or ringside observers, no children, no other pets.
- Sanitation will be completed after class, help is requested and you will get hours towards active membership by helping.
Showing your own dog? Learn and understand the basics, as the WDC Conformation classes prepare both the handler and dog to compete successfully in the show ring at licensed dog shows. Handling is a process of trial and error and a lot of practice!
WDC Conformation Classes are available to dogs of all ages, puppy through adult, as well as the junior handler who is interested in exhibiting their own dog in the breed ring as well as in Junior Showmanship competition.
Conformation classes are designed for people and dogs who want to get the most out of the show ring. You will learn:
- Conformation Terminology
- Ring Etiquette
- How to correctly stack your dog
- Use of mats
- How to use your lead
- Preparing how to show in conformation
For additional information, telephone Anne Schmidt at 920-731-1080 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org