Conformation Classes January 27th– March 3rd
With great optimism that we will have spring and summer shows, Anne Schmidt will offer conformation classes under the following guidelines (Dates are January 27 – March 3):
- I will need an updated COVID waiver from every attendee. Please do not come if you have ANY illness at all, even the sniffles. WDC COVID-19 Waiver
- You must follow the WDC Building rules of wearing a properly fitting mask at all times when in the building. If you do not wear your mask correctly, you will receive 2 warnings, after the 2nd you will be asked not to come back to class. It does help to wear a mask bracket so you can breathe better when moving with your dog – look it up on Amazon.
- Sign up is required on WeJoinIn. Please make sure to provide your email address so I can contact you if we have any cancellations (weather, virus, etc. )
Class starts at 7, admittance to the building 5-10 minutes in advance, no more.
- We will allow up to 10 people/dog teams in the building at one
- Only 1 dog per handler per class. If you want an exception, we can talk about
Showing your own dog? Learn and understand the basics, as the WDC Conformation classes prepare both the handler and dog to compete successfully in the show ring at licensed dog shows. Handling is a process of trial and error and a lot of practice!
WDC Conformation Classes are available to dogs of all ages, puppy through adult, as well as the junior handler who is interested in exhibiting their own dog in the breed ring as well as in Junior Showmanship competition.
Conformation classes are designed for people and dogs who want to get the most out of the show ring. You will learn:
- Conformation Terminology
- Ring Etiquette
- How to correctly stack your dog
- Use of mats
- How to use your lead
- Preparing how to show in conformation
For additional information, telephone Anne Schmidt at 920-731-1080 or e-mail: email@example.com