Thank you for your interest in training classes at the Winnegamie Dog Club!
Our tentative plan is to start our next session in September, however we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and are not committing to any schedule at this time. The schedule (if we do have a Fall Session) would be posted to the website in late August and registration would then be open at that time. Please continue to check back for the latest updates!
*New Class Safety Requirements*
Due to COVID-19, the following safety precautions have been put in place. These precautions must be followed at all times before, during and after class.
- All classes will be held in the back room
- Students must wait until the door is propped open to enter the building
- Proper masks (NO scarfs or bandanas) that cover both the nose and mouth must be worn at all times by everyone upon entry to the building
- Surgical masks will be available for purchase for $1, and handmade fabric masks for $5
- Upon entry, students must clip their dog’s leash to the hook on the wall (there will be a hook available at each student’s assigned area) and wash their hands for at least 20 seconds
- Students will have their own assigned area for training and will remain in that area for the duration of the class (exceptions will be made to take dogs out to potty or decompress)
- Only one student per dog. Students cannot bring any spectators or children to class as we must limit the number of people in the room to a maximum of 10
- Social distancing must be respected and everyone is asked to remain at least 6 feet from each other
- Student’s dogs will not be used to demonstrate exercises
- Classes will not have puppy play time, interaction with toys, tunnels, ramps or stairs, or walking around the room exercises
- If anyone is experiencing symptoms (even if it is just allergies) students are asked to stay home
- Class material will be made available via YouTube
- All homework will be electronic (e-mailed to students). No paper copies will be available
- Students will not be able to drop into another class to make up ones they missed
- Students cannot gather after class to socialize or talk with the instructor. Questions for the instructor can be e-mailed to: email@example.com
- Multiple people can use the yard at the same time to potty dogs only. Dogs must remain on leash and people 6 feet apart
- Rooms and surfaces will be disinfected after each class
These measures are designed to help keep our students, instructors, and club members as safe and healthy as possible. Please consider whether you are able to abide by these safety precautions. If not, we ask that you please wait and join us at a later time when the restrictions have been lifted. Thank you!